6iPAIN HEALTHCARE - Pain Management
We have taken a pledge to free the nation of this suffering caused by cancer,
Addiction & Surgical Pain and bring back the smile on their faces.
Pain, in the sense of physical pain, is a typical sensory experience that may be described as the unpleasant awareness of a noxious stimulus or bodily harm. Individuals experience pain by various daily hurts and aches, and sometimes through more serious injuries or illnesses. For scientific and clinical purposes, pain is defined by the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP) as “an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with actual or potential tissue damage, or described in terms of such damage”.
In medicine, pain is considered as highly subjective. A definition that is widely used in nursing was first given as early as 1968 by Margo McCaffery: “Pain is whatever the experiencing person says it is, existing whenever he says it does”. The pain of any type is the most common reason for physician consultation in the United States, prompting half of all Americans to seek medical care annually. It is a major symptom in many medical conditions, significantly interfering with a person’s quality of life and general functioning. Diagnosis is based on characterizing pain in various ways, according to duration, intensity, type (dull, burning or stabbing), source, or location in the body. Usually, the pain stops without treatment or responds to simple measures such as resting or taking an analgesic, and it is then called ‘acute’ pain. But it may also become intractable and develop into a condition called chronic pain, in which pain is no longer considered a symptom but an illness by itself. The study of pain has in recent years attracted many different fields such as pharmacology, neurobiology, nursing, dentistry, physiotherapy, and psychology. Pain medicine is a separate subspecialty figuring under some medical specialities like anesthesiology, physiatrist, neurology, and psychiatry.
Pain is part of the body’s defense system, triggering a reflex reaction to retract from a painful stimulus, and helps adjust behavior to increase avoidance of that particular harmful situation in the future. Given its significance, physical pain is also linked to various cultural, religious, philosophical, or social issues.
- Pain….an emotion that’s hard to express… A feeling that’s hard to speak….An expression only felt by those who suffer.
Pain is an inevitable part of life that takes away smile off the faces.We at 6iPAIN HEALTHCARE PRIVATE LIMITED, have taken a pledge to free the nation of this suffering caused by cancer, Addiction & Surgical Pain and bring back the smile on their faces by conquering pain responsibly.
- There are millions in the country who are suffering from innumerable ailments, who are in immense pain. We at 6iPAIN along with your invaluable support want to free these millions from the bondage of pain & bring back smile on the faces of these people & their loved ones.
Of the world’s population suffers from pain and 72% Patients used analgesics (Sourec: IJPC)
Indian Adult Population Suffers from chronic pain (180-200 Millions) 25.5% Patients accepted pains as part of their lives [Source IJPC]
Chronic Pain patients visits General Practioners, only 4.8% Consult Specialist Pain Physicians. [Source IJPC]
Cancer Patients in India, 1 Million Patients detected newly every year.
Important Links for Pain Management
- www.pain.com – A world of information on pain
- www.painindia.net – The pain clinic feels your pain & sufferings. Located at Kolkata, India. It has the facilities of diagnosis, treatment, research and training on pain management.
- www.livepainfree.com – Nature has its own solutions to all of the ailments most of us suffer from… and pain is no different. In fact, the list of natural remedies that have been proven to provide safe and effective pain relief is long, but before sharing with you these little-known natural healers, it’s important that you understand pain and what causes it
- www.backpainindia.com – Chiropractic is the third largest healthcare profession in the West, after medicine and dentistry
- www.paincoalition.org.uk – Established in 2006, the Chronic Pain Policy Coalition (CPPC) is a forum uniting professionals, parliamentarians and patients who operate at a policy level to develop an improved strategy for the prevention, treatment and management of chronic pain and its associated conditions
- www.painpolicy.com – In depth Analysis of the different kinds of pain & their Treatment measures are discussed
- www.ejpc.eu.com – The EJPC aims to contribute to the advancement of skills and expertise offered by the diverse range of individuals involved in the provision of palliative care across Europe. The journal is designed to be of direct and practical relevance to the following professional groups: palliative care specialists, GPs, nurses (whether home- or hospital/hospice-based), medical and clinical oncologists, anesthetists and pain specialists, geriatricians, Aids specialists, psychiatrists/psychologists, social workers and site specialists (eg gastroenterologists, chest physicians, gynecologists).
- www.eapcnet.org – The European Association of palliative care is a NGO which organizes Research Forums, & Conferences across Europe to increase awareness & Promote Palliative Care.
- www.clinicalpain.com – Official journal of the eastern pain association
- www.hospicecare.com – To collaborate and work to improve the quality of life of patients with advanced life-threatening conditions and their families, by advancing hospice and palliative care programs, education, research, and favorable policies around the world.
- www.elsevier.com/locate/jpain – The Journal of Pain publishes original articles related to all aspects of pain, including clinical and basic research, patient care, education, and health policy. Articles selected for publication in the Journal are most commonly reports of original clinical research or reports of original basic research.
- www.painjournal.net – This totally electronic publication, sponsored by Preferred Provider Care, is designed and dedicated to aid physicians, patients, and other health care professionals in their role for diagnosis and treatment of painful conditions and processes that will produce continued pain and disability.
- www.ircm.qc.ca – Fundamental research has taken giant steps, as witness discoveries involving the mechanisms of life and the human genome. The IRCM is at the very heart of these developments.